HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Were you surprised by the Hoffman twist?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
On a scale of 1 to 10...

were you surprised by that twist?

View user profile

Banned Dog

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
Eh... 6.5
I was surprised slightly, but it could have been done a lot better.

View user profile

IgJayAwSay

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
Hahahaha I definitely wasn't surprised at all. ZERO. That's because I saw V before I saw IV zD So of course. I'm guessing mine doesn't really count then. tongue

View user profile

amyacid

Blog Editor
Blog Editor
10......Hoffman had what, 2 or 3 lines in III? It came out of no where. To me it just felt like they were trying to continue the series anyway they could : /

View user profile

CourtxCollision

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I dont think when i first saw it that it was very obvious.
But looing back, theres a lot of clues in the movie that point to it.

View user profile

Banned Dog

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
CourtxCollision wrote:I dont think when i first saw it that it was very obvious.
But looing back, theres a lot of clues in the movie that point to it.
Looing, zD

View user profile

Cameron

No, not at all. People called it like 10 months before the movie.

View user profile

Joker

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Yeah, I kinda was. I thought it was kinda dumb at first though.

View user profile

the thing

Victim
Victim
maybe a 2 or a 3...

but the predictability didn't bother me. i thought his reveal was pretty neat.

View user profile

Rorschach

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
amyacid wrote:10......Hoffman had what, 2 or 3 lines in III? It came out of no where. To me it just felt like they were trying to continue the series anyway they could : /

That is true, not quite a 10 for me, more like a 6 perhaps ^__^
But yeah It seemed alittle forced but they got some sequels out of it you know?

View user profile

Jeff Gordon

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I'd say mayyybe... 8, though my first reaction was more a tepid "why?" than an amazed drawing-in-of-breath as with John

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I wasn't, as a lot of people predicted it long before Saw IV's release and the ending was spoiled for me by some douche spammer on HOJ who spammed the board with spoilers the day before the American release Mad Since then, I've made it a self policy to stay off of Saw forums the week leading up to the release day for the newest film.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I did that for the first time this year but the DAY I said I was leaving, "ZOHAN" posted a Saw V spoiler (he said that Seth died) after QUOTING the post in which I said I was trying to avoid spoilers.

I recently learned ZOHAN was in fact Adam Alberts :/

At least it wasn't a big spoiler and the fact that I stayed away from the forums made the movie SO much better.

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I think you remember the spammer who spammed HOJ and flooded peoples' inboxes with the spoilers for Saw IV. I remember you warned people about him, and he got banned quickly.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Yeah I remember him.

I saw the big red font and only saw the words "SAW IV ENDS WITH" then I stopped reading.

I made a thread to warn people not to open their PM boxes and to not look at people's signatures zD

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I remember that guy had a big signature in colorful letters that exclaimed "Hoffman is the new Jigsaw and Saw 4 takes place at the same time as Saw 3."

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
oh yeah... that's what it said.

He also sent PMs to people that had a title the said something like "SAW IV ENDS WITH HOFFMAN=NEW JIGSAW, 3 AND 4 TAKE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME.

And then Masterchief PMed me and told me not to come on the board because that guy had that message in his sig. That's when I made the thread D:

I was so pissed at him for doing that... but the only part that was spoiled for me was that there was gonna be another apprentice so it's not that bad.

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Even though I kind of predicted the twists, I was still pissed to have them spoiled before knowing for sure what happened in the film.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Yeah I would have been too... even more because of the fact that I thought those twists were unoriginal, over-hyped and WAY too predictable.

I still think the Saw IV ending was the worst in the franchise... but it's presentation was awesome.

To be honest I think the producers are having more influence on Saw IV, V and VI than they should... a big part of the things I dislike about the last two films were their ideas.

If only Gregg Hoffman was still alive... he knew what made the Saw movies good!

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Vinc360 wrote:If only Gregg Hoffman was still alive... he knew what made the Saw movies good!

Quoted for truth. I still feel Saw died when he died Sad

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I think the talent is still there... get rid of Mark Burg and I think the quality will go up.

He doesn't care the surprise elements and doesn't know what makes a Saw movie good.

The fact that he said that IV wasn't a prequel nor a sequel proves this.

Oh... and the fact that he said that Amanda would be back... I'm happy to know that, but it would have been MUCH better if it was a surprise O_O

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I can't agree more about Mark Burg. With all due respect to him for helping to keep Saw trucking on for as long as it has, Saw needs new producers.

View user profile
If you're good at anticipating "You won't believe how it ends" twists... they leave nothing to chance.

View user profile

Banned Dog

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
DOJ wrote:I remember that guy had a big signature in colorful letters that exclaimed "Hoffman is the new Jigsaw and Saw 4 takes place at the same time as Saw 3."
I hope he was banned?

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Yes he was, but unfortunately he managed to spoil the twists for some people before he got the boot.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum