HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saw IV Love

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Saw IV Love on 25/03/09, 01:08 am

iluvjigsaw

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Of course every Saw forum needs a Saw IV lovers thread Smile

Share the love that is Saw IV afro

View user profile

2 Re: Saw IV Love on 25/03/09, 01:42 am

the thing

Victim
Victim
saw IV rocks. the most underrated one of the bunch imo.

View user profile

3 Re: Saw IV Love on 25/03/09, 08:07 am

Banned Dog

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
the thing wrote:saw IV rocks. the most underrated one of the bunch imo.
Agreed, it had Rigg! Rigg was awesome! cat

View user profile

4 Re: Saw IV Love on 25/03/09, 04:56 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Saw IV was kind of a "fan service" movie IMO. I think it lacked the originality of the first 3 movies... but it was still well made

5 Re: Saw IV Love on 27/03/09, 04:15 pm

Saw IV is by all means...sexy.

View user profile

6 Re: Saw IV Love on 27/03/09, 11:03 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Not really one of my favorites, but there are things about the film I like. I think I'd like it a lot more if the quick cuts and editing wasn't so frenetic, at times it gets very distracting.

View user profile

7 Re: Saw IV Love on 28/03/09, 02:14 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I still think Saw IV had TOO MANY things going on in it and Saw V didn't have enough zD

Apparently Saw VI will maintain a good balance Very Happy

8 Re: Saw IV Love on 28/03/09, 02:29 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I sure hope VI has a good balance of everything and not too much or too little of either.

View user profile

9 Re: Saw IV Love on 28/03/09, 03:59 am

jb2004

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
for the most part I like Darren's approach to filmaking...but imo I shouldn't be thinking during a movie..."wow that was a cool transition shot..." or..."check out all those cool flashframes..." cause if you're attention is on the camerawork then that means you're all too aware that it's a movie. Movies should imerse you into their world for the 2 hours or however long the movie is... you shouldn't realize your watching a movie til the credits roll.

But I love Saw IV. The pulse pounding finale had me on the edge of my seat in the theatres biting my nails....

View user profile

10 Re: Saw IV Love on 28/03/09, 04:06 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I feel the transitions in the movie were overdone along with the quick cuts and some of the color filtering is terrible (especially during Ivan's scene, ugh). Still, the movie is enjoyable throughout and never lets up, and it certainly has one of the most chaotic endings of the series.

View user profile

11 Re: Saw IV Love on 28/03/09, 11:39 am

One thing I really like about IV, that some people didn't like about III, was the darkness and emotion it presented. Saw IV and III had the biggest emotional impact of the series, by far.

View user profile

12 Re: Saw IV Love on 29/03/09, 07:09 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
philsaw101134 wrote:One thing I really like about IV, that some people didn't like about III, was the darkness and emotion it presented. Saw IV and III had the biggest emotional impact of the series, by far.

QFT.

Saw III was more emotional... as a whole, IMO

but some scenes in Saw IV (the whole Jigsaw back story) was really emotional. And while I still liked the darker/more simple back story from the rebirth comic, I think the new back story adds more depth to Jigsaw.

That whole scene when Cecil comes back to get his Jacket is a fucking masterpiece for me as a Saw fan.

13 Re: Saw IV Love on 30/03/09, 11:34 pm

Vinc360 wrote:
philsaw101134 wrote:One thing I really like about IV, that some people didn't like about III, was the darkness and emotion it presented. Saw IV and III had the biggest emotional impact of the series, by far.

QFT.

but some scenes in Saw IV (the whole Jigsaw back story) was really emotional. And while I still liked the darker/more simple back story from the rebirth comic, I think the new back story adds more depth to Jigsaw.

That whole scene when Cecil comes back to get his Jacket is a fucking masterpiece for me as a Saw fan.
I agree that III was more emotional, but IV was more emotional than I, II or V.
Like you said, Jigsaw's backstory was amazing, and some of Rigg's more emotional scenes (like when he forces Ivan into his trap, when he captures Ivan, his flashbacks, and when Eric is killed) were fantastic.

View user profile

14 Re: Saw IV Love on 31/03/09, 07:35 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
philsaw101134 wrote:
Vinc360 wrote:

QFT.

I agree that III was more emotional, but IV was more emotional than I, II or V.
Like you said, Jigsaw's backstory was amazing, and some of Rigg's more emotional scenes (like when he forces Ivan into his trap, when he captures Ivan, his flashbacks, and when Eric is killed) were fantastic.

I LOVE the whole scene with Ivan. It's the only trap in the whole series that I "enjoy" watching. I feel like the person TRULY deserves to be tortured like that.

15 Re: Saw IV Love on 31/03/09, 11:25 pm

I've always enjoyed the traps, they're part of what makes "SAW" what it is.
Speaking of the traps, whenever I show Saw IV to someone, Eric's head getting smashed always makes them flinch and go "Oh...."

View user profile

16 Re: Saw IV Love on 01/04/09, 12:02 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I think the traps are a minor part of what makes these films feel like "Saw"

Saw 1 barely had any traps.

and if we're gonna say that, then Hostel 1 and 2 as well as the awful "untraceable" could feel like Saw too.

No, IMO, the traps are just a gimmick at this point. But they integrate them in the story pretty well (even though some traps were WAY unnecessary in V, I could definitely see that David Hackl was "the trap guy".)

17 Re: Saw IV Love on 01/04/09, 07:24 pm

Vinc360 wrote:I think the traps are a minor part of what makes these films feel like "Saw"

Saw 1 barely had any traps.

and if we're gonna say that, then Hostel 1 and 2 as well as the awful "untraceable" could feel like Saw too.

No, IMO, the traps are just a gimmick at this point. But they integrate them in the story pretty well (even though some traps were WAY unnecessary in V, I could definitely see that David Hackl was "the trap guy".)
I thought all the traps were fine in V.
But I feel they're characters of their own, and is a reason I love the films. They're fun as all hell to watch. But the only movie you mentioned that even comes close to "feeling like SAW", is Untracable, which was ok, it had it's moments, but was nothing really special.

View user profile

18 Re: Saw IV Love on 05/04/09, 12:37 pm

JohnDorian

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
saw 4 wins. Has anyone seen "the condemned" ? i utterly loved it only watched it cause its on the saw 4 dvd...its kinds a saw situation kill or you get exploded lol

View user profile

19 Re: Saw IV Love on 08/04/09, 06:11 am

Soggy Sao

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I really like IV (my favourite in the series behind II) and agreed, Rigg is a badass Razz

View user profile

20 Re: Saw IV Love on 12/04/09, 11:39 pm

Saw-KD

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I love Saw IV. DLB's second best film ever.

View user profile

21 Re: Saw IV Love on 28/06/09, 04:20 am

iluvjigsaw

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Saw IV is epic

that is all

View user profile

22 Re: Saw IV Love on 10/01/10, 07:40 pm

molcoo

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
While this does happen to be the worst in the series, it's still very entertaining, and also introduces Art, who's one of my favorite Saw characters.

View user profile

23 Saw IV ROCKS<3 on 11/01/10, 03:59 am

StrahmsLadyForever

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
philsaw101134 wrote:Saw IV is by all means...sexy.

I LOVED Saw IV, and the BEST part of it was Strahm, he made Saw IV SOO SEXYY...LOVE Strahm<3:)~ lolstar [i]

View user profile

24 Re: Saw IV Love on 23/04/10, 11:49 pm

brandy

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Saw IV is srsly underrated.

View user profile

25 Re: Saw IV Love on 25/04/10, 01:47 am

StrahmsLadyForever

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Strahm & Hoffman made Saw IV AWESOME & VERY SEXYYY<3:)I also LOVE DLB's directing style...emotional & intense and the flashback scenes with John & Jill were fantasic, gr8 movie & my FAVE of ALL of the Saw films:) Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum