HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saw II Fan Thread

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:01 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I started this on HOJ and it's back here again. This thread is for fans of Saw II only, if it's your least favorite or you dislike it, please don't post in here.

Anyone else who thinks Saw II is the best Saw movie or the best after the original? I feel it'll always be the pinnacle of the series and will never be topped as the best. IMO, it's the most entertaining, rewatchable and creative movie of the series and it never lets up. A modern day classic.

View user profile

2 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:06 am

the thing

Victim
Victim
one of my favorites for sure Very Happy

i remember walking into the theatre with my friend and dad for the first time, thinking that it was just going to suck and just be a cheap cash-in on what was an incredible and original movie, but it ended up exceeding my expectations by a long shot.

View user profile

3 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:08 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I think this sequel is the only one to have twists as clever and surprising as the original Saw. To me the biggest surprise though was the return of the bathroom and seeing Adam and Zep's remains. That was such an awesome "holy shit!" moment the very first time I saw the movie.

View user profile

4 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:11 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I LOVE Saw II... and I still say that it's the most underrated of the bunch.

I have a theory that says that people who saw Saw II before Saw III came out like it more... because back then we only had Saw 1 to see what kind of philosophy Jigsaw had. Which made Saw II a completely unpredictable movie and VERY different from the first one while still "feeling like Saw"

The differences between Eric Matthews and Jigsaw is one aspect of the movie that I REALLY love.

5 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:11 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I think II is definitely the most underrated Saw movie, can't believe so many fans dislike it or rank it low.

View user profile

6 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:13 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
DOJ wrote:I think this sequel is the only one to have twists as clever and surprising as the original Saw. To me the biggest surprise though was the return of the bathroom and seeing Adam and Zep's remains. That was such an awesome "holy shit!" moment the very first time I saw the movie.

That scene gave me chills and I knew that it was in the movie...

I also think the fact that Saw II was the first sequel helped it being as good as it is from a fan's point of view...

Maybe I'm the only one but I always get that "OMG -insert title here- IS BACK! THAT'S AWESOME" feeling when I see the first sequel to a movie that I loved in theaters.

This feeling starts to disappear by the time I see the second sequel. It's becoming a habit to go see Saw in theaters every year. It kinda takes away some of the hype.

7 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:14 am

the thing

Victim
Victim
DOJ wrote:I think this sequel is the only one to have twists as clever and surprising as the original Saw. To me the biggest surprise though was the return of the bathroom and seeing Adam and Zep's remains. That was such an awesome "holy shit!" moment the very first time I saw the movie.
one of my favorite scenes. it was definitely one of those "for the fans" moments. i love things like that Cool

View user profile

8 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:15 am

the thing

Victim
Victim
Vinc360 wrote:I LOVE Saw II... and I still say that it's the most underrated of the bunch.

I have a theory that says that people who saw Saw II before Saw III came out like it more... because back then we only had Saw 1 to see what kind of philosophy Jigsaw had. Which made Saw II a completely unpredictable movie and VERY different from the first one while still "feeling like Saw"

The differences between Eric Matthews and Jigsaw is one aspect of the movie that I REALLY love.
i agree.

i was lucky to have seen all of the saws in order, and to this day i think saw II is very underrated. i've been a fan since february of '05 so yeh. i would have hated to see them out of order.

View user profile

9 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:18 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I'm glad to have seen every movie in order. No way can any of them be watched out of order.

View user profile

10 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:25 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Even if they saw the movies in order, it's best to just watch them without knowing ANYTHING about them... I mean most people who saw the movie AFTER Saw III came out probably looked up info on the movies before they saw it... and thinking that Jigsaw is just an asshole with no logic or morals before seeing Saw II (because that's what you think at the end of Saw 1... "that asshole left the poor Adam to rot and killed Dr. Gordon") was something that made the movie 10 times better and more deep.

Hell, when I saw Saw II I was expecting the same kind of movie as Saw I with Jigsaw still being on the run...

When I saw they found him right at the beginning of the movie THAT was a huge surprise for me! And listening to him explaining his philosophy blew me away... and my views on his character completely changed.

Just thinking about it makes me want to watch the movie again.

11 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:28 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I just wish the ending to the first Saw hadn't been spoiled for me so shortly before I saw the film Sad I can't imagine what an amazing shock that ending must be to a first-time viewer who doesn't know what to expect from the movie.

View user profile

12 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:31 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Oh god... to this day I still think it was the most extreme reaction to a movie I've ever had.

When the movie was over it took a good 30 seconds before people stood up and everyone started clapping Very Happy

We could hear people say things like "Holy shit that was the best thing I've ever seen" when we came out of the theater.

Best theatrical experience EVER!

Oh wait... Saw II is on par with it.

13 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:34 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
All of the twists in Saw II (Amanda being in on it the entire time, the video feed always pre-recorded and Daniel in the safe) all caught me off-guard.

View user profile

14 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:38 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I remember when Kerry said "it's not live"

one of my friends screamed "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!" and I had that huge smile on my face thinking "fuck... they got me again Very Happy"

I didn't expect the Amanda twist at all either

But the biggest twist for me was the whole thing about Eric being tested

the flashback montage starting with Kerry saying "he ASKED for you" at the end is probably one of the most memorable moments in the series for me.

15 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:41 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice

^ - my reaction after seeing pretty much the entire last third of Saw II for the very first time.

View user profile

16 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:42 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
LOL same here.

The first three Saw movies had me shaking after I left the theater.

I was barely even able to talk for some reason... just in a pure state of shock.

17 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:45 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I remember my jaw was just wide and gaping open for a while after I saw the film for the very first time.

View user profile

18 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 12:59 am

the thing

Victim
Victim
while i was still shocked when jigsaw got up from the floor, there was this tiny little voice (very tiny) in the back of my head saying "i'm not sure if that guy is the real jigsaw..."

with saw II however, i didn't expect the twists at all. i LOVED the time twist. i had never seen that in a movie before. amanda's twist also caught me by surprise, but overall i like the time twist more simply because... well i already said why lol.

and doj, i'm sorry that the first movie's ending was spoiled for you. no one should have to have an ending like that spoiled...

i remember showing my friend the first movie. he was really enjoying it and told me how impressed he was, thinking it was going to conclude with zepp dead, , but when jigsaw stood up from the floor, i thought he was going to piss, shit, and jizz himself all simultaneously. seeing peoples' reactions to it brings back memories of my reaction Very Happy

View user profile

19 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 01:00 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
It's kind of my fault it was spoiled for me. I caught a making-of special for Saw II on Showtime around the time of release and it showed the ending right there. Needless to say, I make it a policy to never read into any promo material for a sequel to a film I haven't seen.

View user profile

20 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 27/03/09, 05:16 pm

amyacid

Blog Editor
Blog Editor
Vinc360 wrote:I LOVE Saw II... and I still say that it's the most underrated of the bunch.

I saw III, then II, then I, and two is either my second or third favorite!
My friend's brother called me this one time and decided to tell me the whole plot of saw since my parents wouldn't let me see it (i was young...) and I completely fell in love with the story. By the time my parents caved and let me watch saw, the only one I could get my hands on was III.
But like I said, II is probably my third favorite. As Vinc said, its definitely extremely underrated. I just love the group trap. I mean, it might just be me, but I really like watching how people interact with each other. I think II was probably one of the most interesting trap wise. Plus, you learned a lot more about Jigsaw's psyche which was way cool : ]

View user profile

21 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 28/03/09, 12:11 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Darren has said his original script for The Desperate (which Leigh re-wrote a bit to become Saw II) is a very different film from Saw II and different enough to be it's own unique film. I wonder if the script is online anywhere to be read?

View user profile

22 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 28/03/09, 03:54 am

jb2004

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I wonder if he ever intends to make the desperate... it would be interesting to see what elements are similar in it to Saw II.

View user profile

23 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 28/03/09, 03:58 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I'd like to see it get made. Who knows if it's next for him or not.

View user profile

24 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 28/03/09, 05:02 am

CourtxCollision

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Saw II is definitely my favorite Saw movie.
I dont know how to explain it.
Exerytime i watch it, it leaves me with a happy feeling though.

View user profile

25 Re: Saw II Fan Thread on 28/03/09, 05:17 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Same for me. I never get bored of it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum