HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anger Problems

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 12:21 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Those of you who have severe issues with controlling your anger and expressing yourselves about it, or just expressing yourself about things that make you angry, this is the thread to discuss it. A recent outburst I made two months ago on HOJ (very irresponsibly on my part) prompted me to start this thread for people who have severe anger issues and management such as myself. Hopefully this thread will be of good support to those who read and participate.

I've been attending group therapy as a means of controlling my temper and learning to interact properly with others, and have also taken other measures to keep myself controlled and collected, and not so prone to having outbursts and temper tantrums. It hasn't been easy, but it's something I can live with so long as I keep it cool and don't let it overtake me.

View user profile

2 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 04:18 am

A while ago I also had problems with anger. Not as bad as you and I was able to get away from situations that made me angry before I let it out on others.
But I was seriously afraid I´m gonne kill someone (intrusive thoughts only added to this).
I didnt find a healthy way to cope with anger yet, but luckily I´m not feeling angry anymore that often.

I already told you, but once again I wish you all the best to learn how to control yourself and vent at times and places where it´s ok. you listen to the right music already, I´m sure this helps you (and I´m serious with this).

View user profile

3 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 04:19 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Music is a great way to help me cope with my feelings and get me in a good mood. It's helped countless times for me.

View user profile

4 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 04:28 am

I agree. It´s amazing how music can help someone. Going to my favourite club, listen to my favourite music as loud as nowhere else, and then dancing to it...During the time I did that on a regular basis helped me seriously with a lot of my problems. Too bad the DJ there got fired and it sucks there, now I´m back on my old way :/

You should go out to such clubs too. I know you hate people, but I´m sure you have a lot of possibilies where you live. oh well, doing it at home is almost as good as in a club.

View user profile

5 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 05:01 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I find I'm relaxed and at ease in my world when I'm at home.

View user profile

6 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 03:58 pm

DOJ wrote:Music is a great way to help me cope with my feelings and get me in a good mood. It's helped countless times for me.
That's usually how I deal with anger, to prevent it from affecting anyone else. I'll usually listen to the likes of Disturbed, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine, Godsmack, ect.
Music just helps me release rage safely.

View user profile

7 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 04:15 pm

Banned Dog

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
My brother has anger management... he's a bit hard to be around.

View user profile

8 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 05:47 pm

amyacid

Blog Editor
Blog Editor
Attack Dog wrote:My brother has anger management... he's a bit hard to be around.

Same with my dad.....actually, all the males in my family. I think it's genetic.

I dunno. I was at this place for a little while with some people who had REEEEAAALLLLYYYYY bad anger issues. That helped me put what anger issues I had in perspective. Whenever I feel like I'm going to flip over a table or hurt myself, I just think of the kids who were REALLY bad and remind myself that I don't want to end up like them (even though they were all pretty cool aside from their anger).

View user profile

9 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 06:36 pm

the thing

Victim
Victim
i think everyone has anger problems. some just have it worse than others. i'm no different, but there was a time in my life (around my self-mutilation/suicidal days) when i was just always angry and always negative. it wasn't until the summer of '08 when things started to improve for me.

most of my anger was directed towards myself, which was part of the reasons i cut myself. it made me feel better. i attempted suicide several times as well and that came from me hating my own life. i'm in a better position in life now, but i have anger problems like everyone else.

View user profile

10 Re: Anger Problems on 27/03/09, 10:57 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
My anger feels more like an illness than an emotion, and I sometimes wonder if it's the result of a chemical imbalance. Sometimes I can be very calm, collected and in control, and other times I just completely lose it. I find the best things that keep me in check with my temper are exercise, music, art and getting good rest. I've also looked into getting new hobbies as a means of positively channeling my feelings.

View user profile

11 Re: Anger Problems on 28/03/09, 04:55 am

CourtxCollision

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Evil or Very Mad i posted something here then the server stopped workign and it didnt post Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

12 Re: Anger Problems on 28/03/09, 05:17 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
That happened to me, too. Ugh, hate it when that happens, and plenty of times I've had tantrums over faulty internet connection or server problems.

View user profile

13 Re: Anger Problems on 29/03/09, 04:17 am

CourtxCollision

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
DOJ wrote:That happened to me, too. Ugh, hate it when that happens, and plenty of times I've had tantrums over faulty internet connection or server problems.

Oh yes, me too actually.
Sometimes it really pisses me off

View user profile

14 Re: Anger Problems on 29/03/09, 05:23 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
One of the wheels on my office chair is broken when I threw my chair in frustration one time when I got kicked offline silent

View user profile

15 Re: Anger Problems on 29/03/09, 11:12 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Anger is what makes us human.

I can't imagine a world without any anger. It would be boring.

Anger motivates people. Anger is necessary.

Sometimes people get TOO angry... but everyone gets angry sometimes... and it's a good thing.

16 Re: Anger Problems on 29/03/09, 06:05 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Experiencing anger once in a while is normal, but to be angry daily and get upset over minor and mundane things is another issue entirely.

View user profile

17 Re: Anger Problems on 29/03/09, 07:05 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Most people experience anger every single day. It's what keeps us alive. It's what motivates us. The only thing that changes is the way some people handle it and what they do with it.

Punching something, for example, can be satisfying for a split second, but it's still useless. Use that anger to motivate yourself to do something good and useful.

Some people cry
Some people cuss
Some people start throwing things
Some people try to keep it inside them
Some people use it to create good things
But everybody gets angry. It's what makes us humans, and there's nothing that's more natural than that.

18 Re: Anger Problems on 29/03/09, 08:35 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
The group sessions I attend aren't really an anger management group per say (it's a group for people who have Asperger's Syndrome, which I was diagnosed with a few months ago along with Impulse Control Disorder and Intermediant Explosive Disorder), but proper management of anger and an ability to control impulsiveness is a major part of it. So far it seems to be working. I also find being at work helps me with my anger, as it keeps me in-line to not explode in public.

Anger absolutely is a healthy emotion, but it's unhealthy when it starts dominating you and to the point where it's all you feel. I've through phases in my life when if I didn't feel angry, I'd feel depressed and empty, and that's obviously not good at all.

View user profile

19 Re: Anger Problems on 30/03/09, 10:37 am

DOJ wrote:
Anger absolutely is a healthy emotion, but it's unhealthy when it starts dominating you and to the point where it's all you feel. I've through phases in my life when if I didn't feel angry, I'd feel depressed and empty, and that's obviously not good at all.

a lot of people with problems feel either depersonalized or aggressive/anxious.
It seems like these are the two extremes most people deal with (of course there´s much more), often in phases.

I know how it feels like if there´s an emotion overwhelming you and you dont even know where it comes from. It´s so good to hear you got help. That´s a good start.

View user profile

20 Re: Anger Problems on 30/03/09, 01:19 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I still feel some triggers now and then, but I can feel now that they're not nearly as severe as before, which is another good start.

View user profile

21 Re: Anger Problems on 30/03/09, 03:42 pm

I agree. triggers will always be there and I´m sure it will take a while to get in control, but you´re on a good way.

View user profile

22 Re: Anger Problems on 30/03/09, 09:45 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I feel like I'm on the right track to keeping myself cool and not letting triggers set me off.

View user profile

23 Re: Anger Problems on 01/04/09, 02:46 am

SawAddicct123

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Oh man i could have used this thread awhile ago. i completely lost it when my computer malfunctioned on me and posted a very long rant in the Random Thoughts on the HOJ. i'll remember to come here next time Wink

View user profile

24 Re: Anger Problems on 01/04/09, 03:00 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Ha, I created a Vent Room on AYF for that very reason. I don't always remember to use it though, which is unfortunate because back in January it could've saved my HOJ status.

View user profile

25 Re: Anger Problems on 11/04/09, 08:40 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I don't know if any of you listen to it, but I find that listening to the sounds of storms, streams, rainforests, etc. is very calming and it does a great job of improving my mood and keeping me cool and at ease. I highly recommend you listen to these, they work amazingly well at calming. Here's some videos to try it:

I want to buy some CDs of these sounds. I've been listening to these non-stop for days and can't stress enough how much they've been helping to keep me calm.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum