HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

This forum is no longer supported, please visit www.houseofjigsaw2.com instead for the latest on the Saw series!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Patrick Melton And Marcus Dunstan Appreciation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I feel these two both get unfair and undeserved flack for the last two Saw films. I honestly feel they've both done a clever job of continuing the storyline after Saw III and feel Saw VI is going to be a testament to their talents and even prove many of their detractors wrong. Melton has also been exceptionally nice to the fans on HOJ, answering their questions and taking his time to personally respond to each one. Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of either Saw IV or V (though I quite liked V), I support them and wish them well with Saw VI and the upcoming shoot.

View user profile

the thing

Victim
Victim
i thought they did a great job with IV and i have a lot of hope for VI. i also think it's great that patrick has been giving us exclusive news on the next movie Very Happy

*appreciates*

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I don't care for the backstory they gave John in IV and am annoyed with the Billy/Seth plothole in V, but I can overlook that and acknowledge that it's them who help keep the series thriving amidst it's doubters.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I think they're both great writers who have seen their ideas getting changed by the studio and the producers of these movies.

Maybe I'm the only one but I seemed to notice a bit of frustration in his posts on HOJ.

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
How so? Question

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Just the way he reacts to some of the negative reactions from the fans.

To me it seemed like he was trying to say "IT WAS BETTER IN OUR ORIGINAL SCRIPT BUT THE PRODUCERS THOUGHT IT WASN'T GOOD!!!"

:p

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
That could very well be the case, though scratch

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
He keeps saying things like "we originally planned to do something different for this..."

it wouldn't surprise me tbh.

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Wouldn't for me, either. Movies go through changes all the time during the shoots.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Yeah... I know I don't like it when people change things that I really liked in my scripts.

When I had to write the final draft for "corpses" I had to remove a scene completely because Atlantis Vivafilm told me it was better without it... I really felt like that scene added a lot to the movie itself... but yeah I still have until the end of June to make them change their minds Razz

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Has that movie been made, yet?

View user profile
Patrick and Marcus made my 2 favorite Saw films, so yeah they're pretty badass like that.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
DOJ wrote:Has that movie been made, yet?

Nah I have to wait until the end of June to know if it will be made or not... that's when they unlock the budget for the next batch of movies or w/e

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Good luck with it and I hope it turns out the way you want.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Thanks! I hope so too... it's pretty a dream coming true and the result of 2 years working on that script going through multiple rewritings...

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I hope to become a filmmaker one day myself, and hope both of our dreams in that field become a reality.

View user profile

jb2004

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Other than a few small clues about future events... The new writers took a franchise that had it's two biggest characters killed of in the previous film. And now what they were building in Saw IV is going to pay off in Saw VI. cyclops

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I look at it that way, too.

View user profile

Soggy Sao

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I love what they have done to keep the franchise going and am also a big fan of a movie they wrote called 'Feast'. I recommend seeing it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426459/

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum