HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

This forum is no longer supported, please visit www.houseofjigsaw2.com instead for the latest on the Saw series!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saw V Fan Thread

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 07:14 pm

Well, since I enjoy this film so much, and I believe it's one of the most udnerrated movies in general that I've seen, here is a fan thread for the Saw V love. If you don't like Saw V, or anything of the sort, don't post here unless it's a positive comment.

ANYWAYS, David Hackl did a fantastic job with Saw V. The Head cube was one of the most memorable scenes in the series imo, and Scott really did a fantastic job.

View user profile

2 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 07:33 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
The most memorable scene of the film is still the ending to me.

Mostly because of the way it was filmed. David Hackl knows how to make his traps look badass tbh

But my FAVORITE scene of the movie overall has to be the whole scene with Hoffman in the shotgun "trap" and Jigsaw.

I seriously almost screamed of joy when I saw that Hoffman wasn't a real "apprentice" and the whole scene was just amazing.

3 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 07:39 pm

Banned Dog

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
/agree with Vinc
That realization that Hoffman wasn't just another Amanda made me happy farao

View user profile

4 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 08:21 pm

Vinc360 wrote:The most memorable scene of the film is still the ending to me.

Mostly because of the way it was filmed. David Hackl knows how to make his traps look badass tbh

But my FAVORITE scene of the movie overall has to be the whole scene with Hoffman in the shotgun "trap" and Jigsaw.

I seriously almost screamed of joy when I saw that Hoffman wasn't a real "apprentice" and the whole scene was just amazing.
Though the ending scene wasn't a shocking twist, it was very intense and was executed beautifully. Same for the shotgun scene. Love the bit where they're yelling at each other, it shows how strongly each character feels about their motives. Plus we really never see Jigsaw act that pissed. Twisted Evil

View user profile

5 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 08:52 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I didn't think he was actually pissed. I think he was just trying to get his message across.

Tobin Bell is AMAZING in that scene. And while I'm not a fan of Costas Mandylor's acting, I thought he delivered his line pretty well in that scene. I can watch that scene over and over again. They seem to use a lot of foreshadowing techniques in the scene and it makes me think Saw VI is gonna be amazing...

6 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 08:54 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
philsaw101134 wrote:

Though the ending scene wasn't a shocking twist, it was very intense and was executed beautifully. Same for the shotgun scene. Love the bit where they're yelling at each other, it shows how strongly each character feels about their motives. Plus we really never see Jigsaw act that pissed. Twisted Evil

I still think Saw V had a better twist than Saw IV, it was more original. I'm not talking about the ending. To me, the real twist was the fact that Hoffman isn't an apprentice but more like the true bad guy... for the fans. Hoffman is kinda like the "anti-Jigsaw". It was a clever move IMO and it shows that the writers aren't just there to re-use elements from the earlier Saw movies Very Happy

7 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 09:11 pm

Vinc360 wrote:
philsaw101134 wrote:

I still think Saw V had a better twist than Saw IV, it was more original. I'm not talking about the ending. To me, the real twist was the fact that Hoffman isn't an apprentice but more like the true bad guy... for the fans. Hoffman is kinda like the "anti-Jigsaw". It was a clever move IMO and it shows that the writers aren't just there to re-use elements from the earlier Saw movies Very Happy
Exactly!
Though it wasn't a big shocker, it was definetly more original and something we hadn't seen before.
As for Hoffman, Costas's expressions from pointing at the tape to smirking at a panicking Strahm were fantastic IMO.

View user profile

8 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 09:14 pm

Relauby

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I like Saw V.

View user profile

9 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 09:40 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Not my favorite of the series, but an entertaining and good enough installment, certainly the best since Saw II, IMO. If only the Seth/Billy plothole was rectified and the Fatal Five games excised, it would have a higher rating from me. I'd Saw V a 7/10.

View user profile

10 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 11:07 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
DOJ wrote:Not my favorite of the series, but an entertaining and good enough installment, certainly the best since Saw II, IMO. If only the Seth/Billy plothole was rectified and the Fatal Five games excised, it would have a higher rating from me. I'd Saw V a 7/10.

It's not a plot hole. Patrick did say that they purposely keep the explanation out of Saw V to explain it in Saw VI. It's probably going to be a shocking explanation considering the fact that they had to keep it out of Saw V... probably a more original and clever idea than "oh... Hoffman changed his voice".

That would be a ridiculous explanation IMO... they can do better... even I can do better.

11 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 11:09 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Whatever explanation they give in Saw VI, I hope it's a good one and one that doesn't further affect the timeline.

View user profile

12 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 31/03/09, 11:18 pm

Vinc360 wrote:
DOJ wrote:Not my favorite of the series, but an entertaining and good enough installment, certainly the best since Saw II, IMO. If only the Seth/Billy plothole was rectified and the Fatal Five games excised, it would have a higher rating from me. I'd Saw V a 7/10.

It's not a plot hole. Patrick did say that they purposely keep the explanation out of Saw V to explain it in Saw VI. It's probably going to be a shocking explanation considering the fact that they had to keep it out of Saw V... probably a more original and clever idea than "oh... Hoffman changed his voice".

That would be a ridiculous explanation IMO... they can do better... even I can do better.
Well, IMO it works just fine and isn't that big of a deal.
What I believe happened, since that it's implied that prievous Jigsaw MURDERS happened before Seth, Hoffman simply must have taken a billy tape and edited it to his liking and disguised his voice to sound like Jigsaw's.
As for the pendulum, he obviously has some engineering skill, and I'm sure it's not that hard if you have some knowlege in that kind of stuff.
That's just my theory, but we'll see. Either way, it's not a plot hole.
Maybe in VI it'll still seem like John's voice, but will be Hoffman's, simply edited.
But still, either way, the pendulum trap worked perfectly with the billy tape, and think it makes the scene much more effective.

View user profile

13 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 12:00 am

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I love the pendulum trap, and I love the fact that Hoffman built it. It means that every single trap that doesn't quite "fit" with John's philosophy could have been built by Hoffman. It fixes a lot of things that I didn't quite like in the series.

But the idea of Hoffman changing his voice doesn't make enough sense for me. It seems like an excuse for what would be a plot hole. Having seen a few versions of a translated script for Saw V, I can tell you that Tobin Bell did those tapes. And the tapes are CLEARLY identified as "Jigsaw's voice" in the script. If it was another character changing his voice, trust me, there would be a note in the script. There are so many more possibilities that would make more sense and feel more like Saw.

John likes to find original ways to start testing his victims. Remember Detective Matthews, he didn't know he was being tested, and he found a clue that tells him he was on a crime scene.

Same for Tapp, he didn't know he was being tested. Jigsaw left the tape with the K2K clue on the crime scene! Jigsaw doesn't leave anything to chance, he did that on PURPOSE. He doesn't make mistakes.

Another example is Troy's tape who "mysteriously" resisted to the explosion. It was there to test Kerry.

I think Hoffman found Seth's tape, I think Jigsaw left it on a crime scene on purpose, just to see what Hoffman would do with it. Otherwise HOW would Jigsaw know that Hoffman tested Seth? Jigsaw obviously was planning to test Hoffman BEFORE he killed Seth. He also knew that Hoffman was in bars 90% of his time. Wink

This explanation makes a LOT more sense and would explain a LOT of things in a matter of seconds. That's Saw.

The other "voice change" explanation would fuck a lot of things up, stretch believability, would fuck up any translated versions of the film, wouldn't make as much sense, wouldn't feel like Saw, would be the easy way out and would essentially prove that there was a FLAW in the Saw V script, a flaw that they knew they had to correct.

I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be their explanation. They're smarter than that. If they use the voice change explanation they might as well use the old "it was all just a dream" to bring Gordon back. As a screenwriter (not trying to sound like an "expert" or anything, I can tell you that it's the kind of stuff most writers try to avoid. You'll see a lot of those easy explanations in fan scripts though...

14 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 12:08 am

Vinc360 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be their explanation. They're smarter than that. If they use the voice change explanation they might as well use the old "it was all just a dream" to bring Gordon back. As a screenwriter (not trying to sound like an "expert" or anything, I can tell you that it's the kind of stuff most writers try to avoid. You'll see a lot of those easy explanations in fan scripts though...
I wouldn't go that far to say that.
The "it was all a dream" is as low as you can go.
As for the tape, once again, I could go either way.
But it's definetly not a plot hole, whichever explination they choose.
And the trap is fucking badass. What a Face

View user profile

15 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 07:33 am

Banned Dog

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
I like teh Saw V, I give Saw V 8.5/10 stars, it wasn't a perfect Saw movie, but I enjoyed it all the same.
Oh, and as messed up as this sound, I laughed at Ashley screaming right before she got decapitated. She sounded like a horse Razz

View user profile

16 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 12:18 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
philsaw101134 wrote:
Vinc360 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be their explanation. They're smarter than that. If they use the voice change explanation they might as well use the old "it was all just a dream" to bring Gordon back. As a screenwriter (not trying to sound like an "expert" or anything, I can tell you that it's the kind of stuff most writers try to avoid. You'll see a lot of those easy explanations in fan scripts though...

If they choose this explanation (the voice change one), it would fuck up too many things. It would also create some confusion. We wouldn't know what trap was made by who.

17 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 07:22 pm

Vinc360 wrote:
philsaw101134 wrote:

If they choose this explanation (the voice change one), it would fuck up too many things. It would also create some confusion. We wouldn't know what trap was made by who.
I highly doubt that the confusion would last, and I am definetly sure it would not fuck anything up. It's not that bad imo. But, like I said, I could go either way.

On to praising Saw V and stuff, I love the shot of Strahm entering the Cube trap room, and you can see him through the glass of the trap. Badass shot.

View user profile

18 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 07:31 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
It would fuck up pretty much every translated version of Saw V and VI... yeh... I still hate that idea. It doesn't feel like Saw IMO.

19 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 08:23 pm

Vinc360 wrote:It would fuck up pretty much every translated version of Saw V and VI... yeh... I still hate that idea. It doesn't feel like Saw IMO.
I find nothing wrong with the idea, and I still don't see how it would fuck it up. IMO of course.
I am open to see if they come up with something else. If they don't, then sucks to be you :p

View user profile

20 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 08:36 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I guess. I don't find anything original in that idea. Why would they hold the answer to that question until the next movie if the explanation is so... rushed and obvious? If they end up giving that explanation, it will only prove that it IS a plot hole that they're trying to "fix" with a poor excuse. I doubt they'll do that though.

Imitating John's voice THAT well is definitely impossible, especially if the only thing he had to recreate his voice is a few VHS tapes.

They can do better than this, but if the fans are gonna accept a mediocre explanation, of course they won't work harder and try to find a believable excuse.

21 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 10:35 pm

Vinc360 wrote:I guess. I don't find anything original in that idea. Why would they hold the answer to that question until the next movie if the explanation is so... rushed and obvious? If they end up giving that explanation, it will only prove that it IS a plot hole that they're trying to "fix" with a poor excuse. I doubt they'll do that though.

Imitating John's voice THAT well is definitely impossible, especially if the only thing he had to recreate his voice is a few VHS tapes.

They can do better than this, but if the fans are gonna accept a mediocre explanation, of course they won't work harder and try to find a believable excuse.
Eh, but it still, by far wouldn't be a plot hole if they used that excuse.
I think it would definetly be possible, with the correct equipment. Remember, he needed to get away with it, he would have needed it to sound perfect.

But moving on, Saw V is cool B)

View user profile

22 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 11:07 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
It wouldn't be possible considering the fact that the police never found out it wasn't John's real voice. Plus I've never seen that happen in real life. It would just feel like an excuse to fill in a plot hole that they didn't think about while writing Saw V.

I tend to think they're smarter than that.

To me it's obviously a set up for a scene in Saw VI. If Hoffman changed his voice it wouldn't add anything to the story, they could have explained that right away in Saw V if it was the case. It would have made more sense. But I think we're gonna get a better explanation than that.

I don't think we should underestimate them Smile

23 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 11:12 pm

Vinc360 wrote:It wouldn't be possible considering the fact that the police never found out it wasn't John's real voice. Plus I've never seen that happen in real life. It would just feel like an excuse to fill in a plot hole that they didn't think about while writing Saw V.

I tend to think they're smarter than that.

To me it's obviously a set up for a scene in Saw VI. If Hoffman changed his voice it wouldn't add anything to the story, they could have explained that right away in Saw V if it was the case. It would have made more sense. But I think we're gonna get a better explanation than that.

I don't think we should underestimate them Smile
Yeah, it could add to the story, thought I'm not sure if it's neccesary.
I could accept whatever explination they choose.

Saw V is more than likely the most underrated horror film I've seen.
One of them anyways.

View user profile

24 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 01/04/09, 11:55 pm

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
How is it underrated?

You mean by the critics? Horror films in general are (I still don't consider Saw V as a horror film though... I don't see how anyone could be scared by them)

25 Re: Saw V Fan Thread on 02/04/09, 11:36 pm

Vinc360 wrote:How is it underrated?

You mean by the critics? Horror films in general are (I still don't consider Saw V as a horror film though... I don't see how anyone could be scared by them)
Yes, by critics.
I can understand the general public to get tired of the annual Saw film, but the critics, especially at BD, suprised me with this one.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum