HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

This forum is no longer supported, please visit www.houseofjigsaw2.com instead for the latest on the Saw series!

You are not connected. Please login or register

James Wan and Leigh Whannell are NOT writing the script for this game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: Vincent
Date: Apr 4, 2009 11:29 PM
Subject: RE: SAW - The video game

no. after brash went under, we're no longer involved. dont know what has happened with the game.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: James Wan
Date: Apr 4, 2009 8:27 PM
Subject: SAW - The video game

Hello James! Are you and Leigh still writing the script for the Saw video game?

I'm really disappointed.

ribcaged

Blog Editor
Blog Editor
First of all, sith. Second of all, how do you have James Wan's e-mail? zD

View user profile
I guess he asked him on myspace.

I´m really disappointed as well. This was the main reason why I was looking forward to that game so badly.

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I'm not too upset about this to be honest. James and Leigh aren't the only ones capable of writing good Saw stories.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
They wrote the best 3 Saw movies, they're the original writers (nobody knows more about Saw than them) and let's just say I trust them a lot more than a random guy at zombie entertainment who can't even reproduce the bathroom accurately.

that game's gonna blow

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I'm willing to give the writers of the game a chance. I'm really annoyed how a lot of fans seem to think Leigh is the only one who writes anything good in Saw. I feel he fucked up with III and painted the series in a corner with the choices he made when he wrote that film. Melton and Dunstan have tried to salvage the series from IV onwards and so far they've done a mostly admirable job of it, IMO.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
That's a matter of opinion... but I felt like Saw III was absolutely perfect. I'm not saying this because Leigh wrote it. Uwe Boll could have wrote it for all I care... the movie was still amazing! I don't think Leigh is the only one who can write a good story for Saw! But the original writers ALWAYS know their own franchise more than anyone else. Don't get me wrong, the new writers are doing a GREAT job considering what they had to work with... but I still think that Leigh AND JAMES (people seem to forget him too often) have done an outstanding job with the 3 Saw movies they have written. I'll give more trust to the original writers that have yet to disappoint me than to a VIDEO GAME writer (video games stories are almost always below the average of what they are by movies standards) that works for one of the worst video game companies in the market (Zombie Entertainment).

And about the "painted the series in a corner" part... well that was the point. The fans ASKED for a conclusion and he did everything he could to give it to us.

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
But the problem is is that III wasn't the conclusion and from the looks of things, VI more than likely won't be the end, either. So in a sense, III did paint the series in a corner since it wasn't the end and all the moreso considering it killed off the saga's two flagship characters.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
But they wanted to end it with Saw III. It was his "fuck you" to Lionsgate in a way... in any case, I thought it was literally perfect and it forced the producers/new writers to find a clever way of continuing the story instead of taking the easy path with Amanda being "the second Jigsaw"

That would have been ridiculous IMO... and it would have made the movies look like any other horror movie series with 2103979234 sequels in which the son or apprentice of the main killer takes over. booooorrrriiiiinnggg

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I respectfully disagree, and still feel completely cheated by the direction Saw III took Amanda's character in. It was trying to be ballsy for the sake of it but it was just pathetic IMO. I looked forward to seeing Amanda as the next Jigsaw and seeing her assume the mantle, and instead we got the lame shit that was in Saw III and to me that just fucking sucked. I still hate it.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I'm not trying to make you change your mind zD

I still love this movie to death

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I know, I was just expressing how I feel about the movie. In all fairness, I do give props to Leigh for the first two films.

View user profile
I wished they had written the story for the game. they started it all and they should end it.
I wasnt impressed by the last two movies at all, and I believe that only James and Leigh could make a real good story here.
let´s hope I´m wrong.

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I'm willing to give the writers of this game a chance, maybe they'll do something impressive and worthy of the Saw name.

View user profile

ClaireBear

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
the video game is not up to expectation... true story.

View user profile

Caine187

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
What she said. The game is...ok

View user profile

steph87

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
It weren't bad, but it weren't great. I still haven't played it since the day after I got it though.

View user profile

molcoo

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
DOJ wrote:I looked forward to seeing Amanda as the next Jigsaw and seeing her assume the mantle
That would have been incredibly predictable and cheesy. Thank god III didn't go down the "perfect apprentice" route; I'm relieved it didn't provide the predictability which I was gloomily expecting and you were hoping for.

Then it would have been like any other horror franchise.

On the topic of the game, I didn't like it. The gameplay was repetitious and uninteresting, the graphics weren't impressive, and the story was a convoluted mess.

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Well I for one am still upset they never went that route with Amanda. To me, the route they took with her in Saw III was predictable and stupid anyway, not to mention it put the series in a corner and made it resort to rehashing the basic twist of the second movie for Saw IV all in the name of trying to be surprising, and it failed. Why? Because it had done before in Saw II and much better. I still feel Amanda not being the next Jigsaw was the biggest mistake made in the series and a terribly missed opportunity. Better to play something safe then to screw it up with a stupid gamble.

On the subject of the game, I'd give it a 7/10. I found it enjoyable enough, but the poor combat system and some very tedious puzzles brought it down for me.

View user profile

IgJayAwSay

Jigsaw copycat
Jigsaw copycat
WHAT?! THIS IS NEWS TO ME!!!

I can't even fathom!

WHAT!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum