HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

This forum is no longer supported, please visit www.houseofjigsaw2.com instead for the latest on the Saw series!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amanda Fans Thread

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Amanda Fans Thread on 20/04/09, 08:03 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
The AF thread lives on, here and elsewhere Cool Discuss anything and everything that relates to Amanda Young.

View user profile

2 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 21/04/09, 08:28 am

Amanda is awesome and I love her :X

View user profile

3 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 21/04/09, 04:32 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Amen.

View user profile

4 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 24/04/09, 10:09 am

I agree. I cant believe that I still love her so much. her character is a great inspiration.

View user profile

5 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 24/04/09, 06:39 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I'm so happy to hear she'll be in Saw VI.

View user profile

6 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 24/04/09, 10:59 pm

Saw-KD

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I'm very excited to see Amanda in Saw VI. I especially hope to see more background development as well as what the letter from Hoffman consists of.

View user profile

7 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 24/04/09, 11:41 pm

the thing

Victim
Victim
amanda is, of course, awesome.

i'm glad to hear that her role in saw VI is really important to the current story and she's not just in the film for the sake of being in it cheers

View user profile

8 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 12:16 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I hope we see some good flashbacks of her and Hoffman working together as well as scenes of them with John, and as unlikely as it is, I'd be even happier if she was revealed to be alive.

View user profile

9 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 04:57 am

It would be ok if she┬┤s dead but still very important for the final twist.
I want her to be part of the whole series again.

View user profile

10 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 05:56 am

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
IMHO, I think if Saw continues past the sixth film and it appears probable it will, she should be alive. I think for her fate to be more ambiguous, having her be alive throughout the movie but in a hospital in critical condition and clinging to life support would be good, and the ending could strongly imply her life support was disconnected and she died from it, but it's never made clear.

But enough of that, on with the Amanda worship Cool

View user profile

11 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 09:37 am

I hope she is alive too, low chance as it is. And I'd like to see flashbacks of her like we saw of Hoffman and John. Out of the three antagonists (I hate this word) she is the most underdeveloped. We didn't even know how John convinced her to become his apprentice. About Hoffman we learn so much in V, including seeing him set up 3 traps (two with John and one alone), how he became Jiggy's apprentice, why he acts like he does etc. While I do like Hoffman alot (and don't want to see him die, contrary to many people) IMO he doesn't have the strength to carry the saga on his back all by himself. Amanda did so much for the series and she deserves to be alive or at least have an important role in how things shape.

I'd also like to see Hoffman and Amanda working toegheter. Both in flashbacks and in the future of the series, if it turns out she survived.

And, as always: I <3 Amanda. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you <3 Wink

View user profile

12 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 05:05 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
AmandaAvenger wrote:I hope she is alive too, low chance as it is. And I'd like to see flashbacks of her like we saw of Hoffman and John. Out of the three antagonists (I hate this word) she is the most underdeveloped. We didn't even know how John convinced her to become his apprentice. About Hoffman we learn so much in V, including seeing him set up 3 traps (two with John and one alone), how he became Jiggy's apprentice, why he acts like he does etc. While I do like Hoffman alot (and don't want to see him die, contrary to many people) IMO he doesn't have the strength to carry the saga on his back all by himself. Amanda did so much for the series and she deserves to be alive or at least have an important role in how things shape.

I'd also like to see Hoffman and Amanda working toegheter. Both in flashbacks and in the future of the series, if it turns out she survived.

And, as always: I <3 Amanda. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you <3 Wink

cheers to all of this.

View user profile

13 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 06:07 pm

DOJ wrote:

cheers to all of this.

cheers to Shawnee and Amanda Wink

View user profile

14 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 06:36 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I seriously believe her inclusion will help to make Saw VI one of the best of the series, but also because story-wise it sounds like it'll be one of the best as well.

View user profile

15 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 07:46 pm

the thing

Victim
Victim
AmandaAvenger wrote:I hope she is alive too, low chance as it is. And I'd like to see flashbacks of her like we saw of Hoffman and John. Out of the three antagonists (I hate this word) she is the most underdeveloped. We didn't even know how John convinced her to become his apprentice. About Hoffman we learn so much in V, including seeing him set up 3 traps (two with John and one alone), how he became Jiggy's apprentice, why he acts like he does etc. While I do like Hoffman alot (and don't want to see him die, contrary to many people) IMO he doesn't have the strength to carry the saga on his back all by himself. Amanda did so much for the series and she deserves to be alive or at least have an important role in how things shape.

i'm probably opening up a pandora's box by saying this, but imo, we already know why she joined john. she said to tapp that he helped her. her life was in turmoil. she had a criminal record, no friends or family, and no one to turn to. but john was there, and in her desperation, she joined him.

we did learn a lot about hoffman, but that's mainly because he was barely developed in III and IV, so they crammed a lot of stuff about him into V.

i'm excited that she'll be in VI and we will learn more about her character, but i don't think she's as underdeveloped as some people say.

but moving on.....

i have a feeling that hoffman may have manipulated her in some shape or form with kerry's trap. man, i really hope we get a flashback of her and hoffman setting up. that would be sawesome drunken

View user profile

16 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 07:51 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I personally think a little more insight needs to be given as to how she joined John. I know she felt he helped her and he was in her apartment to recruit her, but the in-between details are still pretty vague.

I think if Hoffman didn't rig her traps, he at least persuaded her to make her games unwinnable and manipulated her into doing so. Hoffman seems as shady as a snake.

View user profile

17 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 07:56 pm

the thing

Victim
Victim
DOJ wrote:I personally think a little more insight needs to be given as to how she joined John. I know she felt he helped her and he was in her apartment to recruit her, but the in-between details are still pretty vague.

I think if Hoffman didn't rig her traps, he at least persuaded her to make her games unwinnable and manipulated her into doing so. Hoffman seems as shady as a snake.
i would like that as well. i'm always for more insight into my favorite characters.

and i agree about hoffman manipulating and persuading her. some think he was the one who rigged the traps but i believe he just influenced her to do so (like maybe he said that kerry was on to her. as we know, kerry was usually one step ahed of everyone else on the police force). otherwise, well, um, john is a liar tbh :/

View user profile

18 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 07:58 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Hoffman could've very well toyed with Amanda emotionally to set her on a defiant path and have her fail as John's successor. I bet he had a beef with her.

View user profile

19 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 08:03 pm

the thing

Victim
Victim
DOJ wrote:Hoffman could've very well toyed with Amanda emotionally to set her on a defiant path and have her fail as John's successor. I bet he had a beef with her.
i believe so. the letter comes into play here as well.

if what i think is true, then he set john's and amanda's deaths in motion. he no longer has a reason to continue his legacy now that he's kept his secret from being discovered (by killing everyone in his department as well as strahm and perez). he's safe... for now.

whether or not he'll have to set up more jigsaw traps for the sake of remaining anonymous is up for us to theorize over.

View user profile

20 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 08:04 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I think John or even Amanda could've suspected he was up to something that went against the rules, and planned something out for him in advance and behind his back.

View user profile

21 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 08:08 pm

the thing

Victim
Victim
DOJ wrote:I think John or even Amanda could've suspected he was up to something that went against the rules, and planned something out for him in advance and behind his back.
i think that too. since he was killing off everyone in the precinct, he leaked the "information" he had on him (the info he mentioned in the saw V flashback) to jill in the box. perhaps she'll test him, or maybe she'll have to find someone who will test him. something like that.

i feel that IV and V were essentially showcases of his flaws and why he needs to be tested. VI will amplify those as well as show us scenes we didn't know about. i think hoffman will be the true "bad guy" of the series. interesting...

View user profile

22 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 08:11 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Hoffman strikes me as the real villain of the series as well. John is deluded but still have some sort of morals as does Amanda to a lesser extent, but Hoffman seems like he has his own agenda and uses John's teachings to enforce it.

I hope Jill won't test him, I'd HATE for that to happen Mad

View user profile

23 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 08:14 pm

the thing

Victim
Victim
imo, he's just another zepp/obi/art but with a few advantages.

as for jill, i think she may just set some things in motion for someone else to test him - a catalyst of sorts.

View user profile

24 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 08:15 pm

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I guess we'll find out the answers come October 23rd. I truly believe Saw VI will be the best installment the series has had in years and it may even rank among the first two movies for me. I bet Shawnee is estatic to be back as Amanda, too.

View user profile

25 Re: Amanda Fans Thread on 25/04/09, 08:24 pm

the thing

Victim
Victim
DOJ wrote:I guess we'll find out the answers come October 23rd. I truly believe Saw VI will be the best installment the series has had in years and it may even rank among the first two movies for me. I bet Shawnee is estatic to be back as Amanda, too.
i agree. the future for saw is looking bright. funny, because just a few months ago, i would have said that it was a faint glimmer of dying light Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum