HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

You are not connected. Please login or register

House of Jigsaw (Reborn) Exceeding Bandwith Limit

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Brilliant Raven

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Okay. DOJ, if your reading this, you exceeded the site bandwidth by 200 something gigs of data. Care to explain how that happened?

Everyone else ... discuss the tragedy.

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I have no idea how that happened but I didn't deliberately cause anything. Do you have proof I exceeded the data?

View user profile

Brilliant Raven

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
DOJ wrote:I have no idea how that happened but I didn't deliberately cause anything. Do you have proof I exceeded the data?
I don't specifically, but vince does (I think?). Says you did some kind of crazy 250GB of data in a short period of time.

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
It's possible I posted too much which was more than the site could take. I'd have to slow down on my posting if that's the case, perhaps even limit how many posts I make Neutral

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I have no idea how you did that. But the servers exceeded their bandwidth capacity, my host is not happy at all and is making me pay a $500 fee.

All the 250 GB came from your username, DOJ. I believe you when you say that it wasn't intentional. The fact is that something related to you or your account caused the forum to explode.

Brilliant Raven

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Did you Upload anything? Or try to?

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I'm sorry man Neutral That sucks you have to pay such a huge fee, I had no idea any of that happened, none at all. All I can think of is my frequent posting perhaps exceeded the bandwidth and that's how it happened.

It can't possibly apply just to me, though; we'd all have to be careful not to exceed a certain number of posts to avoid this from now on. I sure hope this problem can be rectified ASAP, it would suck to not be able to interact regularly on HOJ anymore for everybody because of this.

Raven, all I uploaded were my avatar and profile picture, and that was when I first signed up. Didn't upload anything after that.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
A post on HOJ is never bigger than a few kb

Your bandwidth usage was of over 250GB in less than an hour.

The overall size of the board if we remove your account and everything attached to it is of around 300 Mb

so yeah...

Brilliant Raven

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
DOJ wrote:I'm sorry man Neutral That sucks you have to pay such a huge fee, I had no idea any of that happened, none at all. All I can think of is my frequent posting perhaps exceeded the bandwidth and that's how it happened.

It can't possibly apply just to me, though; we'd all have to be careful not to exceed a certain number of posts to avoid this from now on. I sure hope this problem can be rectified ASAP, it would suck to not be able to interact regularly on HOJ anymore for everybody because of this.

Raven, all I uploaded were my avatar and profile picture, and that was when I first signed up. Didn't upload anything after that.

No no. The posting thing doesn't make sense. Even if you posted ten thousand times, it wouldn't hit the GB cap so quickly and suddenly.

I know you don't know what it is, I'm not sure what it is, but it being purely posting doesn't make sense. Everyone besides you had a combined mega byte usage of 300(??).

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I have no idea how any of that happened, it's bizarre. I didn't upload anything. Besides posting, I exchanged quite a few private messages and gave post reps, could those have possibly brought it up? Even that doesn't make sense though, since the other users would've been doing the same.

Hopefully this problem can be fixed. As much as I'd hate to lose my account, might deleting it possibly bring the board back up if it really has that many GBs to it?

View user profile

Brilliant Raven

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Perhaps you could detail what you did around the time HOJ exceeded the limit? And if possible, check to see if you have any viruses. Specifically in the files you uploaded (your avatar).

Edit: About deleting your account, I doubt it works like that, and even if it did, Vince would still have to pay the fee that he was charged.

Last edited by Brilliant Raven on 28/06/09, 03:24 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
No the board is gone forever at this point. My servers are completely broken and have to be replaced too... I don't think I will though. I'll pay the hosting fees and move on.

Let's hope the real HOJ comes back soon...

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I forgot the exact time HOJ went down for me, if I recall correctly it may have been around 9:30 PM or 10:30 PM tops (Pacific standard time in the U.S.). Pretty sure both my avatar and profile picture are virus-free, but let me check and get back to you. I did a virus scan just last week and my computer was virus-free, but I'll do another one later to see if I may have picked up anything recently.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
it's definitely not a virus.

I still have no clue what it could have been though.

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
Brilliant Raven wrote:Perhaps you could detail what you did around the time HOJ exceeded the limit? And if possible, check to see if you have any viruses. Specifically in the files you uploaded (your avatar).

Edit: About deleting your account, I doubt it works like that, and even if it did, Vince would still have to pay the fee that he was charged.

I can't even delete it as I have no access to the website either.

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
That sucks the board is gone forever. I just scanned my avatar and profile picture I used on the board and they're both clean. Is it possible someone hacked into the board? Maybe the hacker protection was weak.

View user profile

iluvjigsaw

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I don't think the forum was sabotaged on purpose, and I know I posted a lot so I have no idea what is going on.

I'm sad all this happened but all we can do is hope the original HOJ comes back I guess

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
At least we have this place for now and that's better than nothing at all. I hope the admins here have the e-mails of all of the members who registered on the HOJ back-up so they can come here, this board looks to be the new home of HOJ for the time being until the real one comes back, eventually.

View user profile

Brilliant Raven

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
DOJ wrote:At least we have this place for now and that's better than nothing at all. I hope the admins here have the e-mails of all of the members who registered on the HOJ back-up so they can come here, this board looks to be the new home of HOJ for the time being until the real one comes back, eventually.
DOJ, there would be no point in putting on an act if you did something. Even if it was unintentional, it really doesn't matter, but if you did something you would tell us ... right?

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Yes I would, and I swear to God and my dead relatives I didn't sabotage the board at all. I don't know a single thing about hacking into a forum or anything else for that matter, and it's a complete shock to me to hear my account caused the board to crash.

View user profile

Aaron707

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Damn, that really sucks. I definitely don't think DOJ did anything to screw the board up, just chalk it up to us having some extremely shitty luck as of late.

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I'm just as shocked and disappointed as the rest of you that the back-up HOJ is down and gone. I swear I didn't deliberately do anything to destroy it and I have no idea how my account affected the board. When I saw it was down I assumed it was just routine maintenence.

View user profile

Brilliant Raven

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
This entire occurrence is an oddity, nothing seems to quite fit.

On one hand, it seems likely that you wouldn't know what happened.
But on the other, it seems like it only fits when you do have some idea of how it happened.

In one of the error logs, the site denied your request to download the design/interface/GUI of the forum in the ball park of five hundred times. Are you SURE you didn't do ANYTHING that might have any effect on the servers cap? Anything that didn't even seem odd at all. Did you try refreshing a page a lot of times? Anything?

Edit: And it doesn't make much sense for you to intentionally blow-up the server, as you were having fun in the Saw Scramble thread right before it exceeded the cap.

Last edited by Brilliant Raven on 28/06/09, 03:56 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
I swear to it I didn't do anything out of the ordinary from what I usually do. My daily HOJ routine is to log into my account and do the usual posting, PM exchanges, etc. on there, same as everyone else. I'm just as baffled and confused as you all are as to how it went down.

View user profile

CourtxCollision

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Sigh... I wanna know how all this happened. Hopefully the original HOJ will be up and working soon, like most of you have said : / (They dont have my text color on here >: | )

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum