HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

This forum is no longer supported, please visit www.houseofjigsaw2.com instead for the latest on the Saw series!

You are not connected. Please login or register

House of Jigsaw (Reborn) Exceeding Bandwith Limit

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
It blows the HOJ back-up Vinc worked so hard to create has been lost because of this. It's still a total mystery to me as to how my account had that much data on it when I did nothing out of the ordinary last time I was on HOJ. I've been thinking it's possible I may have picked up a virus or some spyware, so later I'll do a scan and clean-up in the event of anything. But if that were the case, it could happen to anyone.

View user profile

EFB

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
That sucks. Anyone want to manage a forum full time ? lol

I thought I'd let everyone know if I find out a status update on HOJ, I'll throw it up here since you guys blew up the other forum in two days.

View user profile

light101dark

Blog Editor
Blog Editor
$500 O.O

whoa, dude. my jaw dropped.
this place is still going, at least

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I've been talking to someone who took care of hosting the website...

- They said they didn't keep a backup of the forum because it was too early, they usually save a backup once a month.

- I won't have to pay for the extra bandwidth since they were able to close it before any damage was made to their servers...

mine practically blew up though... but that's a different story

I'll keep trying to fix the issue but I really don't think I'm gonna be able to...

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
EFB wrote:That sucks. Anyone want to manage a forum full time ? lol

I thought I'd let everyone know if I find out a status update on HOJ, I'll throw it up here since you guys blew up the other forum in two days.

God I had no idea how much work that is... I already had a lot of respect for everyone running the board at HOJ... but now I have even more.

iluvjigsaw

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
It was a good two days though Vince thanks so much

what will happen to your servers? I'm not sure how all that works

View user profile

sarcastica

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Aaron707 wrote:Damn, that really sucks. I definitely don't think DOJ did anything to screw the board up, just chalk it up to us having some extremely shitty luck as of late.

I don't think he did anything either. Is it possible we've been attacked by a rival forum or something? It almost looks like he was targeted because he's known for posting a lot in a short amount of time.

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
I'll try to replace them or get them repaired... I'm not sure yet.

iluvjigsaw

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
sarcastica wrote:
Aaron707 wrote:Damn, that really sucks. I definitely don't think DOJ did anything to screw the board up, just chalk it up to us having some extremely shitty luck as of late.

I don't think he did anything either. Is it possible we've been attacked by a rival forum or something? It almost looks like he was targeted because he's known for posting a lot in a short amount of time.

He might not have known, but I guess the servers exceeded bandwith all attributed to his username, so i'm not sure. Vince explained in the above posts

View user profile

Vinc360

Admin
Admin
sarcastica wrote:

I didn't have time to check his IPs before the forum crashed... but he might have been hacked... that's definitely a possibility. I don't see how a single person could use 250GB of bandwidth in less than an hour. It's crazy...

iluvjigsaw

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Vinc360 wrote:

I didn't have time to check his IPs before the forum crashed... but he might have been hacked... that's definitely a possibility. I don't see how a single person could use 250GB of bandwidth in less than an hour. It's crazy...

I just don't see why someone would go to all that trouble if they did hack him that's really lame.

Attack Dog? Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

Bev

Adam threatened he was going to 'destroy our precious new HOJ' a few days ago, but whether he was kidding or whether he actually did, no idea.

Sucks though, the place was coming along nicely Sad

View user profile

iluvjigsaw

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Bev wrote:Adam threatened he was going to 'destroy our precious new HOJ' a few days ago, but whether he was kidding or whether he actually did, no idea.

Sucks though, the place was coming along nicely Sad

I dont' really know the whole deal w/ Adam, but doesn't hacking stuff require some brains?

Is he really smart enough to do it you think?

View user profile

Bev

iluvjigsaw wrote:

I dont' really know the whole deal w/ Adam, but doesn't hacking stuff require some brains?

Lol yeah you have a point there, i doubt he would even know how to do it tbh.

View user profile

iluvjigsaw

Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Bev wrote:
iluvjigsaw wrote:

Lol yeah you have a point there, i doubt he would even know how to do it tbh.

Well it's plausible, but i'm not sure how hacking works maybe anyone can do it. Well anyone desparate enough to learn I suppose. The whole thing is just weird. Maybe Vince can figure out some more details as to what really happened.

View user profile

ribcaged

Blog Editor
Blog Editor
-sigh- bounce

View user profile

DOJ

Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
It's good you don't have to pay the fee, Vince. That would've been unfair for you to since we had no idea the board was going to blow up that soon.

I'm thinking it's possible my account got hacked (and in the event it did I'll have to change my password around a bit to make it much harder to decode) or maybe it was a bug in the server. Only two possibilities I can think of Neutral

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum