HOUSE OF JIGSAW 2

The ultimate community of fans for the SAW movie franchise by Lionsgate. This is the home for the most passionate fans of the highest grossing horror movie franchise of all time.

This forum is no longer supported, please visit www.houseofjigsaw2.com instead for the latest on the Saw series!

You are not connected. Please login or register

R.I.P. HOJ

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 06:11 pm

DOJ

avatar
Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
It doesn't look like it's coming back, much as I wish it would Sad I'm sure all of us have fond memories of the site for the time we were all there. I had been a member since November of 2005 and the memories I have on that site are priceless. I'm truly saddened to think it may be gone for good this time. All of the fond memories I have of HOJ at it's prime, I'll always cherish.

R.I.P. HOJ Sad

View user profile

2 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 06:54 pm

angeal18

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Why did it close?

View user profile

3 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 07:03 pm

DOJ

avatar
Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
It's a complicated situation, Vince could explain it better than me, he knows what went down.

View user profile

4 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 07:17 pm

Dr. Finkelstein

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
As much as I hope the closing down of HOJ is temporary, something is telling me that it's not.


It's stupid on their part because it's pretty much the hub for Saw fans when it comes to news and discussion. Directors post there, producers post there, etc.

View user profile

5 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 07:23 pm

DOJ

avatar
Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
That's just it, so many of the crew members post there and I can't imagine how confused they'll be when they see HOJ has been closed down.

View user profile

6 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 07:46 pm

Nightmare13

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Hey, everybody! So... Shit went down again, huh? Jinkies...

I've read that Nya flipped his shit and shut the place down? That's a shame :/

View user profile

7 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 08:33 pm

Town Idiot25

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Where will I get my Saw instant updates now? Sad

View user profile

8 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 08:57 pm

sean_ofthedead

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Even though my presence there the past few weeks or so was pretty rare, it still sucks that the original HOJ is no more.

And to think, out of all the days I decided to go back and see what HOJ was up to...it's gone.

Well, either way, I remembered that this one existed, so I decided to sign up here. Very Happy

View user profile

9 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 10:09 pm

TylerTehSawBoy

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Goodbye HOJ. You will be missed dearly.

View user profile

10 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 11:01 pm

molcoo

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
The admin really needs to get over him/her self. It was a downright idiotic move on their part to close down the forum, just because of some damn complaints about members being banned.

It isn't just "any other forum". It's THE House Of Jigsaw; where VIPS interact with us, daily Saw news is posted, and all fans of the series coalesce.

View user profile

11 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 11:07 pm

jb2004

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
It's surreal to see that screen 'Sorry, this board is closed.' I miss HOJ.

View user profile

12 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 11:37 pm

Dr. Finkelstein

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I keep checking periodically to see if it will open back up, but no luck so far.

View user profile

13 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 11:40 pm

molcoo

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Dr. Finkelstein wrote:I keep checking periodically to see if it will open back up, but no luck so far.
Give the admin a few days. My prediction right now is that they will soon feel bad enough about their actions and decide to open it up again.

View user profile

14 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 09/01/10, 11:54 pm

Kiley_Rae

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I wish they would reopen it...I just don't understand all of what happened I guess, I'm so confused...

View user profile

15 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 01:36 am

MrVulls5789

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
WTF why does Nya have to ruin OUR fun? I thought he was leaving anyway! All he did was stay and bitch about how he hates Saw IV and V

View user profile

16 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 07:58 am

AlexJigsy

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
I'm so confused because of that... Crying or Very sad I just remember a thread "Will HoJ be closed after VII?". It seems yes, and it happened much much earlier, right after VI. But hopefully, it's closed because of technical crash reasons, not because of administrator's wish.

View user profile

17 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 08:08 am

DOJ

avatar
Jigsaw apprentice
Jigsaw apprentice
Hopefully the board will be back even if every post has been lost. It's not right that the board dies like this.

View user profile

18 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 09:42 am

Dr. Finkelstein

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
AlexJigsy wrote:I'm so confused because of that... Crying or Very sad I just remember a thread "Will HoJ be closed after VII?". It seems yes, and it happened much much earlier, right after VI. But hopefully, it's closed because of technical crash reasons, not because of administrator's wish.

It closed because of member/admin conversations and disagreements, apparently. Not a server crash or anything like that.

View user profile

19 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 09:47 am

AlexJigsy

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Dr. Finkelstein wrote:
AlexJigsy wrote:I'm so confused because of that... Crying or Very sad I just remember a thread "Will HoJ be closed after VII?". It seems yes, and it happened much much earlier, right after VI. But hopefully, it's closed because of technical crash reasons, not because of administrator's wish.

It closed because of member/admin conversations and disagreements, apparently. Not a server crash or anything like that.
And what were that disagreements? I can't recall a one.

View user profile

20 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 09:54 am

molcoo

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
AlexJigsy wrote:
Dr. Finkelstein wrote:
AlexJigsy wrote:I'm so confused because of that... Crying or Very sad I just remember a thread "Will HoJ be closed after VII?". It seems yes, and it happened much much earlier, right after VI. But hopefully, it's closed because of technical crash reasons, not because of administrator's wish.

It closed because of member/admin conversations and disagreements, apparently. Not a server crash or anything like that.
And what were that disagreements? I can't recall a one.
Members were upset about other members being banned. So they kept sending complaints to the admin. Apparently, the admin couldn't take it anymore and made the idiotic decision to close down the forum.

View user profile

21 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 09:59 am

AlexJigsy

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
molcoo wrote:
AlexJigsy wrote:
Dr. Finkelstein wrote:
AlexJigsy wrote:I'm so confused because of that... Crying or Very sad I just remember a thread "Will HoJ be closed after VII?". It seems yes, and it happened much much earlier, right after VI. But hopefully, it's closed because of technical crash reasons, not because of administrator's wish.

It closed because of member/admin conversations and disagreements, apparently. Not a server crash or anything like that.
And what were that disagreements? I can't recall a one.
Members were upset about other members being banned. So they kept sending complaints to the admin. Apparently, the admin couldn't take it anymore and made the idiotic decision to close down the forum.
I'm administrator of russian Saw forum (forum.sawfilm.ru if you want Smile) and I'm in almost the same situation as HoJ's administrator. But I wouldn't act like he did. I just give my moderators the opportunity to form an understanding of members, or I can do it myself.

View user profile

22 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 10:02 am

molcoo

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
AlexJigsy wrote:But I wouldn't act like he did.
No shit. Something as minor as that doesn't warrant a full close down of the website.

It's like me closing down IMDB because I didn't like what a person said on one of the message boards.

View user profile

23 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 10:09 am

AlexJigsy

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
molcoo wrote:
AlexJigsy wrote:But I wouldn't act like he did.
No shit. Something as minor as that doesn't warrant a full close down of the website.

It's like me closing down IMDB because I didn't like what a person said on one of the message boards.
I think board is closed for us, members. And administrators are banning the members who deserve it judging by other members' complaints right now. If Nya wanted to close the forum forever, he would do that a long time ago. That's it, I solved this puzzle Very Happy
P.S.Are you administrator of IMDB? Shocked Or did you say that for example? Very Happy

View user profile

24 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 10:45 am

iluvjigsaw

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
Once Lionsgate hears about this they'll get mad I'm sure

or whoever runs it/owns it

they can't have the largest saw forum go down

hopefully they'll fire Nya and we'll live happily ever after

View user profile

25 Re: R.I.P. HOJ on 10/01/10, 10:49 am

molcoo

avatar
Just woke up here
Just woke up here
It's funny when you think about it. All of this just because some members expressed their disdain towards other members being banned.

The head honchos at Lionsgate are going to have Nya's ass on a platter for sure.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum